First and foremost, if you want to do a master at the Eindhoven University of Technology in the direction of urbanism or architecture (as well as building physics, real estate and structural design), you should enroll at the Master Architecture, Building and Planning (ABP). Further information can be found on the site of the university. Via this link, a roadmap is shown for the enrolment for each master track for students having a degree in any country. This link also works for prospective Bachelor students.

The university has an elaborated page on further relevant topics for new international students. Here, information can be found about registration in Eindhoven, bank accounts, international diseases test and other relevant topics!

Each year, both a Bachelor’s and a Master’s introduction week are organised by the university for both Dutch and international new students. Normally, both take place in August, relatively short before the academic year starts. More information on the Master’s kick-off can be found here. During this kick-off you can also meet the VIA members, who are willing to answer any questions you have.

Furthermore, there are some national sites that can be useful:

  • this site contains a lot of information, from practical information to experiences of students in the Netherlands and cultural backgrounds. There are also some introductory video clips of ‘Study in Holland’ on youtube
  • Nuffic is the Dutch organisation for internationalisation in education. Its site contains practical information on different topics, including scholarships.
  • this section of the TUe site holds most important information for exchange students.

In case of any unclarity, you might want to contact the education office of the faculty of the built environment, via e-mail ( or phone (+31 (0)40 247 4800). You can also contact VIA, if you send a mail to, we will help you.